Saturday, September 5, 2009

The "keys" to success

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've always wished that my mom forced me to learn piano when I was a kid because learning stuff like this as an adult SUCKS! Just the time and money for lessons as an adult is not really do-able. I decided that I REALLY wanted to learn. I can play basic guitar, and growing up singing makes the whole sight-reading this a lot easier, but as for piano, I can play chopsticks and Heart and Soul. Go me! My parents took me seriously last Chritmas (for once), and bought me a keyboard. It took me til this week to finally open it up. I'm an IDEA person. I'm the creative mind behind things that needs a little push when it comes to "making my dreams a reality" <----- Possibly the CHEESIEST thing I've EVER said!!! Anyway, I found these awesome, yet slightly cheesy online tutorials that are actually teaching me basics. I HATE being bad at things, so I thought I'd throw in the towel fairly quickly. Apparently that's not the case. I'm gonna stick with it and see how proficient I can actually get! Wish me luck!

UPDATE: I can now play scales with both hands simultaneously! Success!!!

1 comment: