Friday, September 25, 2009

I've got no strings cause I'm not a creepy puppet!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm going to see Dead Man's Bones at the Bob Baker Marionette Theater tonight. OK, I know some people are scared of clowns, some people are scared of graveyards, some are scared of creepy dolls. I'm not really scared of anything like that, but there IS something that's absolutely CREEPTASTIC about marionettes. I remember watching this one movie as a kid called The Christmas Toy where all the toys came to life when the people left. I guess it's kind of like the original Toy Story. I was totally fascinated by the toys, but there was always something a little creepy about it to me, even as a kid. Anyway, last weekend I walked through Hollywood Forever Cemetery for like 1/4 mile by myself at night to go see The Swell Season, so the marionette theater can't be any creepier than THAT could it? Good thing that stuff DOESN'T creep me out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment