Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A: blind

You know how people always ask the "would you rather" type questions? Inevitably, "Would you rather be blind or deaf" tends to come up. I know SO many more people that would respond with "deaf" than "blind", but I've always differed and stayed true to the fact that, given an ultimatum, I'd go with blind in a heartbeat. I sometimes second guess myself when I think of watching movies. If deaf, I could still read captions and subtitles and not really miss much of the movie. Then comes a turn of events, and something is witnessed that makes me feel guilty for ever second guessing my gut instinct. This video is one of those times.

I had the privilege of seeing Bon Iver play a sunrise show at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery a week or so ago, and it was one of the most incredible concert experiences I've ever been to (and I've been to A LOT)! Upon seeing this video (that I wish I could have been present for), my eyes were flooded with excitement and tears rolled down my face. I'm not sure I'd ever want to be in a world where I wasn't able to witness the beauty of music.


No comments:

Post a Comment